When selecting students, most overseas schools or local international schools will require students to participate in interviews through SKYPE / ZOOM, telephone, or in person at the school or other designated locations to understand their English proficiency, logical thinking ability, ability of giving feedback, and whether their study plan is clear, whether they are cheerful and confident, whether they have a career plan, etc. Although the proportion of interviews in school admission is not very high, the performance in interviews will directly affect the chance of school admission. Therefore, admission interviews must not be ignored.
Common interview questions include:
1. Applicant’s background and characteristics
(1) Would you tell me something about yourself / your family?
(2) What extracurricular activities are you interested in?
(3) What is your favourite subject and why do you like it?
2. Understanding of the school applied
(1) What do you know about our school?
(2) Why are you interested in our school?
(3) What talents can you bring to this school?
This course helps students understand their personal characteristics and abilities, as well as guiding them to develop critical thinking. It also focuses on improving effective communication skills, provides students with the best equipment before the interview, and greatly enhances their self-confidence.
1. Flexible selection of 1:4 classes or 1:1 private tuition classes.
2. Develop specific and appropriate interview strategies for the schools where students participate in the interview.
3. Improve students’ organization and presentation skills through various types of interview questions.
4. There are mock interviews to test and improve students’ ability to respond to the interviewer.
5. A student report is available to evaluate student performance and suggest ways to improve.
6. Plus: Foreign local professional tutors teach interview skills through video conferencing software.
1. Interview etiquette and attitude
2. Personal background and characteristics
3. Learning preferences, plans and achievements
4. Understanding of the school applied
5. Questions about different situations
6. Questions about creativity
7. Questions about intelligence
8. Question about general knowledge
9. Training on making speech
10. Individual school interview questions