Questions about studying in Canada:

1. Which cities are better for studying in Canada?

Many secondary school students who apply to study in Canada like to choose the Greater Toronto Area (such as Toronto, York and Halton), which is the most densely populated metropolitan area in Canada. In addition, Vancouver and Montreal are also popular destinations for many parents and students.

2. When does Canadian high school start? How many semesters are there every year? How is the holiday like?

Canadian secondary schools have two semesters, which start in September and February respectively. In addition to summer vacation, there are two longer holidays: Christmas (from mid-to-late December to early January, or longer) and spring vacation (from March or April, which lasts about one week).

3. Compared with the US, what advantages does Canada have in overseas education?

Canadian high schools have advantages over the US in terms of school selection, studying costs and child safety.

Public high schools in the US do not admit international students, while public high schools in Canada allow international students to apply. Therefore, if students choose public schools in Canada, the studying cost is cheaper than that in the US. In addition, Canada’s political system is stable and gun control is stricter than that of the US, so the public security environment is better than that of the US.

4. In terms of English threshold, what is the difference between choosing a Canadian high school and a UK senior school / American high school?

Studying in the UK and the US generally requires stricter language scores. However, foreign students who want to enter Canada to study in high schools can have their own listening, speaking, reading, and writing tests organized by individual schools. There is no English threshold. After three years of high school study in Canada, you can waive the requirement of providing English scores (TOEFL or IELTS) when applying for university.

5. Is it easier to enter a Canadian university after graduating from a Canadian high school?

Yes, it is. Students applying for universities with Canadian high school diplomas have a much better chance of being admitted to prestigious schools. Most boarding schools in Canada even maintain a 100% university promotion rate.

6. Can students legally work while studying in Canada?

Yes, they can. Take Ontario as an example. If you apply for a SIN Card with a student visa, you can work up to 20 hours a week.